Roles and Responsibilities
Job Objective: The key objective of this position is to provide research and analysis expertise in the area of corporate data/ economics & statistics to the Technical Support group (TSG) in Data Mining and Analytics Facility at Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
Responsibilities: The Consultant shall report to the Sr. Consultant – Domain-Eco./Statistics with the following responsibilities:
- 1. Understanding the purpose and objectives of the project
- 2. Working to timescales within project constraints & Reporting progress against plan
- 3. Researching and analysing corporate data/content in accordance to the purpose and objectives of the project.
- 4. Identifying issues and risks associated with the project
- 5. Preparing, Analysing and disseminating reports as per requirement.
- 6. Assist Information Technology Consultant for the purpose of data extraction & cleaning. Drafting business rules / requirements for programmers to develop/implement necessary changes / enhancements.
- 7. Create a ‘clean’ MCA database by means of Data Quality Management activities.
- 8. Generate Company level data in time-series, cross-section and panel data format.
- 9. Generate Statements, interactive reports, visualization, etc. for dissemination.
- 10. Design corporate sector analytical reports for policy making & regulatory purposes.
- 11. Assist domain Senior Consultants for achieving the project deliverables.
Education: B.Com + CA/CS/CWA
Master Degree in Economics/Statistics/Commerce/MBA
Skills & Experience:
- 3-7 years of experience in Economic/Data Analysis
- Knowledge & experience of using corporate sector data analysis tools and research platforms are desirable
- Candidates having exposure to financial market are preferred.
- Experience of working with a Government set up is desirable
- Familiarity with MS Excel or VBA for data analysis and/or MS Access will be preferred.
- Familiarity with mark-up languages (XBRL, XML, SGML and/or HTML) will be preferred.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Government / Public Administration
Functional Area:Data Science & Analytics
Role Category:Business Intelligence & Analytics
Employment Type:Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
UG:B.Com in Any Specialization
PG:M.Com in Commerce,CA in Any Specialization,CS in Any Specialization,MBA/PGDM in Any Specialization,M.A in Economics, Statistics,MS/M.Sc(Science) in Statistics
NISG (National Institute for Smart Government)