SM / Manager – DevOps Architect
Reporting to:Head Business Intelligence and Fraud Analytics
Experience: 5– 11 Years
We at GSTN have begun the journey to put together the most comprehensive analytics system for Indirect tax analysis in India. We want to strengthen this team with the addition of a DevOps Architect/Principle Engineer. He will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the entire DevOps chain for the Data Science & engineering function. He will work with the Head of Analytics to formulate and implement the DevOps processes and architect the Data Science Platform components. He will combine standard CI/CD with Data Science CI/CD tooling to create and truly integrated & automated PoC to Production toolchain.
Work collaboratively with the Data Science & Engineering team to deploy ML Apps & Pipelines on to In-house/Cloud Platform
Infrastructure deployment - design, operate, and optimize new and existing production environments.
Automate and streamline build and deployment operations and processes
Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure related issues in dev, test and production environments.
Research new technologies and prototype solutions to leverage cost reduction and increase performance.
Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on In-House/Cloud Infra Platform
Implement and control the flow of data to and from the In-House/Cloud Data Science Platform
Help in the selection & maintenance of the services deployed on the SaaS platform for Data Science
Identify & implement operational best practices
Estimate Cloud usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms
Manage day to day activities with minimal supervision and drive issues to resolution.
Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
Provide inputs & suggestions for better ways of improving DevOps process for Data Science & Engineering
Design, Discuss with Senior Management & Own your personal & professional development plan
Create, Discuss & work through a training plan in the area of your interest which aligns with current & future responsibilities
External stakeholders (tax authorities, taxpayers, treasuries, banks, policy makers, process groups, etc.)
Internal departments i.e. Technology, Strategy, MIS & Analysis, Services team and CISO
Key Attributes & Skills:
Experience of 5-11 years as a DevOps Engineer. Graduate within STEM field.
- Experience in Linux Systems administration
- Experience in managing public cloud, specifically AWS
- Experience leading End-to-end DevOps projects with modern tools encompassing both Applications and Infrastructure
- Basic in scripting and automation using languages like Bash, Python, PowerShell
- Basic in CI tools like Jenkins and building end to end CI/CD pipelines for projects
- Good to have CM tools of following : Ansible, Chef, Saltstack
- Experience in monitoring/ analytics tools like Nagios/ DataDog and logging tools like LogStash/ SumoLogic
- Knowledge on managing version control tool like Git
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Good to have experience/knowledge on K8 ecosystem
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Programming & Design
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, B.Sc - Maths, Computers, BCA - Computers
NISG (National Institute for Smart Government)
Contact Company:NISG (National Institute for Smart Government)