Title: Senior Consultant - IT Infrastructure
• BE/B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech/MSc/MCA or equivalent professional technical qualification with 10+ years experience in the IT industry
• Atleast 5 years of experience managing, configuring and troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers/switches, firewalls, storage devices etc.,
Responsibilities:• Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure IT infrastructure components such as Servers/Storage/Network meet existing and future requirements.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for IT infrastructure resources administration and appropriate use.
• Practice asset management, capacity planning, including maintenance of server/storage/network components inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on IT products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts. Perform cost-benefit, RoI and TCO analysis for proposed systems to support implementation decisions.
• Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of hardware and software as per department needs.
• Establish and monitor service level agreements with vendors & end user departments.
• Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, their associated operating systems and software. Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
• Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
• Oversee the administration of software components such as user authentication systems, DevOps tools etc., Technical Skills:
• Experienced in configuration and troubleshooting of server hardware and network/storage systems
• Hands-on experience with server virtualization technologies such as VmWare, OpenStack etc.,
• Experience with the services like databases, data backup, anti-virus, streaming technologies
• Strong experience installing, administering & troubleshooting Linux server operating system platforms
• Knowledge of current protocols and standards in the areas of Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
• Experience with open source application/infrastructure monitoring tools
• Experience setting up and administering DevOps environments is highly desirable
• Proficiency with any scripting languages such as Perl/Python/Unix Shell Business Requirement:
• Ability to quickly understanding business requirements and proposing reference architectures and technology solutions.
• Ability to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
• Ability to develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex material to wide range of audiences in plain language
• Ability to multi-task, manage projects, set time frames, and meet deadlines
• Ability to work as team player, comfortable with fast paced, changing environment and ambiguity
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:System Design/Implementation/ERP/CRM
Role:Functional Outside Consultant
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG:MCA - Computers
NISG (National Institute for Smart Government)
NISG is a not-for-profit company set up in a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) in 2002 under the recommendations of The National Taskforce on Information Technology and Software Development, with 51% equity contributed by the private sector and 49% by the public sector. NASSCOM, Government of India and Government of Andhra Pradesh are the main promoters with IL&FS, Government of Chhattisgarh, Government of Meghalaya and Vizag Municipal Corporation being the other stakeholders.
View Contact Details+