Role VP Program & Project Management
Reporting to EVP Technology
Age Criteria 1) Serving Government employees - Maximum age 56 years
2) Retired Government employees - Maximum age 62 years
3) Market Recruits - Maximum age 41 years
Experience 12-16 Years
Work Location New Delhi
A key role for monitoring and managing all new IT Projects and initiatives, enhancements, IT resources optimization and consolidation etc. This involves planning, controlling and monitoring and also managing and directing the vendors teams and assigned project resources to best meet the project objectives.
1. Handling all aspects of Project Management for project deliveries within schedule, estimates and costs.
2. Project scope definition and planning through delivery of assigned product and related product releases.
3. Delivery, documentation and circulation of an end to end Plan, including activity, dependencies, timing and ownership.
4. Coordinate among multiple partners teams, internal/external stakeholders, cross-functional teams etc. to ensure timely completion of every activity within the available resources.
5. Right deployment and planning of resources and enforcing adherence to defined standard guidelines and procedures to eliminate non-compliance along with target performance through known project management methodology, e.g. Agile, Waterfall etc.
6. Adherence to project Plan - Management of Teams for SLA control and consolidation for various and varied services from various internal & external teams.
7. Manage all involved teams for timely release of required documents/approvals/clearances to ensure inter-dependencies are addressed in smooth and timely manner.
8. Analyse and publish reports at regular intervals for errors/timing to maximise outcomes for SLAs and accordingly develop skill for further implementation/service Delivery.
9. Sending alerts to the Project governance bodies on important misses or if any activity falls on critical path. Seek approvals for mid-course corrections, adjustment of resources or timelines etc.
10. Good understanding of multiple domains for ability to govern the large and complex IT projects.
11. Planning, controlling and monitoring and also managing and directing the assigned project resources to best meet project objectives.
12. Coordinate all project activities (planning, controlling, monitoring), ensuring cooperation, cohesion, collaboration and teamwork between functional, technical and development teams and directing the assigned project resource(s) to best meet project objectives.
13. Report the status of assigned programs on all key metrics (risk, scope, schedule, quality, resources, finance, customer satisfaction) from inception through closure on one or more programs.
1. Retain responsibility for the accuracy and update maintenance of the project plan to ensure on-time and successful project completion.
2. Ensure that all project guidelines, policies and procedures (functional and technical) are followed during all aspects of the project.
3. Identify risks to the projects success and highlighting and discussing their probability and potential impact with supervisor and then develop a risk mitigation strategy to eliminate the risks.
4. Provide inputs, guidance and support to subordinate and peer teams on technologies, solutions, problem management etc.
5. Manage, motivate and mentor project team members for better team bonding and coordination.
6. Conflict management and resolution within the team.
7. Provide direction, guidance to project teams for achieving the expected results.
Key Attributes & Skills:
Serving/Retired Government Candidates:
Serving/Retired Officers of the Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise) or State Commercial Tax Departments, CBDT, DOT, CDAC, MeitY, NIC, NICSI, Armed Forces etc. currently in Level 12 of the Pay Matrix approved as per CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016.
Graduates / BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech / MCA / MSc in Electronics / IT / Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
Experience in handling Government Large IT Projects.
Pay of the selected serving officer will be fixed in Level 13 of the Pay Matrix. The Allowances will as per GSTNs policy including House Rent Allowance of Rs. 60,000/-, Medical Reimbursement, LTA, Child Education Allowance, Telephone reimbursement, Leave Salary & Pension Contribution, Performance Linked Incentive (Up to 50% of Basic + DA) etc.
The Salary and Allowances of retired personnel shall be regulated as per the policy of GSTN.
GSTN is not an eligible office under the General Pool Accommodation of the Directorate of Estates, Government of India.
Open Market Candidates:
BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech / MCA / MSc in Electronics / IT / Computer Science or equivalent/MBA (Project Management) with minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Certifications: PMP / Prince-2, PMI-ACP/CSM.
Total 12 16 years of experience in IT with at least 3 years experience in managing large, complex and technically diverse successful IT projects.
Technical experience in at least two key technology domains.
Candidates with hands-on experience in multiple IT domains.
Experience of handling multiple vendors under large commercial contracts
Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Preferred experience of handling large IT Project under Managed Services Mode under SLAs
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Project Management
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG:MCA - Computers, MS/M.Sc(Science) - Any Specialization, M.Tech - Any Specialization
NISG (National Institute for Smart Government)
NISG has its origins in the recommendations of the National Task Force on IT & Software Development. Forged as a public-private partnership, NISG offers the orientation & efficiency of the private sector combined with the accountability of the public sector. NISG is helping the Government of India & State Governments realize the national e-governance vision. NISG has worked on multiple projects with various ministries under nomination thus keeping the sanctity of Not for Profit organization.
Contact Company:NISG (National Institute for Smart Government)