Roles and responsibilities
- To design and execute the Testing & implementation of ETL/Data warehouse/ Business Intelligence applications, in order to ensure development of a robust technology solution; Review functional requirements; design test plans, write test cases and ensure that testability issues are addressed in the design lifecycle.
- The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring development of exhaustive test scenarios to evaluate overall quality of deliverables across all parameters including performance, security, usability etc. The candidate is also responsible for development of automation framework for both, whitebox and blackbox testing.
- 1. Strategy Design and Implementation
- Provide inputs to the overall strategy pertinent to testing; Ensure implementation of the strategy
- Develop new and refine existing QA processes, tools and testing infrastructure to enhance quality and productivity
- Build /suggest instrumentation to be built within the application to measure application performance.
- 2. Design of Automation Test Architecture
- Maintain a big picture view of the application being developed, its dependencies, organizational goals, technology arena, etc. and articulate overall testing strategy and ensure communication of the same to the System Integrators (SIs);
- Ensure development of the Test Plan & test cases to assess efficacy of system design and its ability to meet specified organizational requirements; ensure exhaustiveness of test scenarios developed in order to evaluate overall quality of deliverables on parameters including performance, security, usability, etc.
- Organize and facilitate reviews, inspections, and walkthroughs of test plans and other Product Lifecycle Framework (PLF) related documentation
- Propagate use of optimization techniques to minimize the number of test cases and time and effort while maximizing test coverage
- Automate test flows using contemporary tools and technologies like Web Selenium, Jmeter etc.
- Must be well verse with Open Source eco-system and its related technologies and platforms.
- 3. Testing
- Ensure the overall quality of deliverables across all parameters, both functional and non-functional including performance, security, usability, etc.
- Ensure creation of reports on system performance & test evaluation for future reference;
- Analyse test results and record deviation from expected output (if any); Report test results and log defects and issues into the bug database
- Investigate potential defects identified during the Test execution phase. Suggest modifications in system design/ specifications after making necessary evaluations
- Ensure timely delivery of different testing milestones
- Support in estimation and planning for development of the test automation framework
- Key Attributes & Skills
- B.Tech/ BE / MCA / M.Sc. (Computer) or equivalent Degree with 5-7 years of experience
- Hands on minimum 2-3 years of experience as a functional Tester for ETL/Data warehouse for OLTP/OLAP applications
- Experience in creating or developing testing strategies for custom application development as well as packaged application implementation
- Experience in creation of test plans and specifications and production of test scenarios and scripts
- Should have experience in different testing techniques like White box Testing, Black box testing, Non-functional testing, Regression testing etc.,
- Understanding of core Business Intelligence/ Data warehousing technology: RDBMS/Big Data, Web, Client/ Server, OLAP, SQL etc.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:IT Software - QA & Testing
Role:Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG:M.Tech - Any Specialization
NISG (National Institute for Smart Government)
Contact Company:NISG (National Institute for Smart Government)